Monday, November 15, 2010

Outdoor Ice Skating

Last weekend all of the boarding students went into Basel to go ice skating.  Now just imagine taking about 200 teenagers ice skating....it is an interesting event.


The first issue after we got to the rink, was waiting in line for our skates.  It took us about 45 minutest to get through.  My group was toward the end.  I am literally just outside those doors.  Then we got our skates and got on the ice.  It did take me a few trips around the rink, to get my balance, but I got it quicker than I though I would.


Here is Luke, the ever cool dorm dad, with some of the girls who were a bit wobbly on the ice.  What a great dorm dad!

Luke (girls dorm-Palmgarten), Marty (boys dorm-Sonne), Greg (boys dorm-HBR), Jim (girls dorm Storch)
For the more skilled skaters there was the option of playing ice hockey...I did not participate is this!  But here are 4 of the dorm dads who did.  They all said they were sore after this.  It was a great night of fun...and I did see some entertaining spills.  I only took a knee once....with no major pain afterwords!!!

No comments: