Tuesday, November 02, 2010

The Lama Trail

 Now, you are probably thinking...lamas...I thought those were a South American thing and not so much a European thing, and you would be right.  However, there is a small lama farm on a path near my dorm between Kandern and Sitzenkirk.


 I love walking on this beautiful trail, especially in the fall.  Often I will take some of my girls on a walk to get some fresh air and talk about life.  This day I went on a walk with Amy Cherry, who is both a fellow RA and a fellow Bluffton High School grad.  We got "take away"coffee and went on a walk.  This is extremely "American" of us and all of the Germans sort of look at us strangely when we pass them on the path.  We just grin and say, "hallo."


 This is the lama farm.  Look at the colors on the trees, aren't they amazing?


Lama, lama, lamas...


Baby lamas are just too cute...but this might be as close as I want to get to them just in case they decide to spit on me!


Here is Amy with her "take away" coffee cup and the lamas...what a great way to relax on my 4 hours off in the afternoons!

No comments: