Monday, November 15, 2010

Birkman Method Training Class

 I had the opportunity to get some further education and training this past week.  The Birkman method is a personality test.  After a 45 minute questionaire, this test can tell you what your usual behaviors are, what your needs are, and what your stress behaviors are.  This is an excellent tool to use with groups...like a dorm staff.  I learned a lot about my fellow teammates that I did not know and I also learned why they do the things they do.  When I was told about this training session, I was excited to take it.  Now I am certified to explain people's results to them.  So...if anyone wants to learn more about themselves...just let me know.


 This is my Birkman manuel...with so much information....I am not sure I will every fully comprehend all of it.  It is layer and layers of information.


My instructor was Matt Zamzow.  He is the Director of Training for Birkman and possibly the most knowledgeable person about this test. I guess if I am going to get trained...I might as well be taught by the best!


 There were 16 of us in the class.  We had people from Germany, Switzerland, Ireland, Canada, and the United States.  And by this, I mean passport countries.  Many people lived in Germany, Switzerland, Russia, Canada, and the States.


What a happy crowd.  Many of the people worked for the International Mission Board and Campus Crusade for Christ. Some people were pastors and others were missionaries.  Needless to say it was a fun group of people to work with and learn with.


Here we are, the group of us Level 1 Birkman graduates...well after we do our online take home test!

No comments: