Last week, one of the girls, "O" fell off the front steps at the dorm. Now this does not sound to dangerous until you notice that her knee cap is no longer on the top of her knee, but now on the side of her knee! OUCH!! So look took her to the hospital where she had to wait for 5 hours in intense pain until she could be looked at by a doctor. Needless to say, she ended up spending the night. I then spent the rest of the nest day at the hospital with her from 9am until 7:30pm. It was a long day.
But it was a beautiful day. This is a picture that I snapped as I was driving. The next day I was back at the hospital with "O". The doctor said she could go home as soon as she learned how to walk with her crutches. When I got there she was learning and it was my personal mission to get her home! I was there by 8:45am and by 10:30 am we were walking out of the door. Now this is quite a feat when you realized that I do not speak German. So getting her prescription for pain meds, learning how to give her shots (yes I give her shots as part of her medicine!), and just getting the okay to leave was rather challenging for me. Praise the Lord that one of the nurses spoke some English.
As we drove home from the hospital, "O" and I enjoyed the lovely scenery of Germany. This is Riedlingen, a local village. "O's" mom is now here. She will have to have surgery in the next few weeks and go though physical therapy. However, the BEST thing about this event is that through this hardship, the Holy Spirit really got a hold of "O's" heart. She has grown up in a Christian home, but just recently she has fully come to understand the love of Jesus Christ for her and she has given her life to follow HIM. She told me this one evening as I was saying good-night to her and giving her her evening shot. Praise God...He works in mysterious ways!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment