Friday, March 04, 2011

A Sunny February Day in Kandern


 On Thursday February 10, 2011 I was walking to my small group meeting in Kandern and I came across this stork.  There are actually quite a few storks that live in the nearby village of Holtzen, but they do not normally come to Kandern.  He seemed to be enjoying the sunshine as much as I was.


My walk was delightful.  As I turned the corner I was able to capture the Kandern clock tower on the local church.  This tower has a bell in it that rings every 15 minutes.  When I first came to Germany, I really noticed the bells, but now I barely hear them...and when I wake up in the middle of the night, I know what time it is without even looking at a clock.  The bells ring more often on Sundays as they call people to worship.  The bells are a lovely part of Germany.

No comments: