Friday, March 04, 2011

Doing Girl Stuff in a Girl's Dorm

 The "Couch Area" is the heart of Palmgarten dorm.  Homework is done here, silly talks happen here, usually there is quite a bit of laughing and we can't forget eating!


 Here K and K enjoy a big bowl of cereal.  Notice that they have chosen to eat their cereal with ladles...you ask me why...and I have no answer.  Teenage girls have a mind of their own.  Cereal is probably the most eaten food in our dorm.


I realized that the mild probably looks strange to most Americans.  We get our milk in liter boxes.  And when we are finished with the milk, we flatten out this box and recycle it.  We are good German residents...recycling is a big part of our daily lives.


Here H is blessing all of us with a random song.  The Couch Area is rarely quiet.  Unless it is study hours...and even then...it might not be quiet.


The girls just become silly when they are at the Couch Area.  Here we have Miss Indiana Jones with a lantern to lead the way....  Again I can not explain this.


Now we are truly girls and part of that is the joy of face masks.  We made up some all natural face masks for the girls.  We got quite a big response since our Valentines Day Party was the next day.


These super models can look good even with chunks of oatmeal and flour stuck on their faces!


I even joined in. First I applied the masks...and then I too got my very own mask.  Now my skin is very happy.

Masked Beauties

Here two of the girls are making signs for the home basketball game.  GO FALCONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: