Saturday, March 05, 2011

First Moldova Team Meeting

 I have the opportunity to help lead a BFA missions trip to the country of Moldova.  If you are like me, you are wondering where Moldova is. Good question.  It is the poorest country in Europe and it is between Romania and the Ukraine. I get to help lead this trip with my two good friends, Brandon and Lizzy Jeffers.  Lizzy was my co-RA last year and I went to their wedding in Georgia last summer.  We have 11 high school students going with us.


Lizzy and I made a yummy pasta bar meal.  The kids seem to enjoy this simple meal.

K and K enjoy their tasty meal of pasta.


Brandon challenged the students with some words of wisdom.  We have 9th through 12th graders going on this trip.


Our main contacts are Janz Team missionaries Alec and Jan Forman.  They live in the BFA community and have been to Moldova.  They are from England and have fabulous accents.  They spent many years in Mali, West Africa and know Denis and Cindy Weins well (missionaries that Ebenezer Mennonite Church supports who were in Mali).


Alex show the team the community center in Moldova.  We will be doing some landscaping to make it a more welcoming place.  In the evenings we will also do a program for the children in the village.


Since I LOVE team building activities, I had our team play the tarp game.  First they had to all get under the tarp without using their arms or hands.  


Then they had to fold the tarp in half without touching the ground or using their hands.


Finally they had to flip the tarp.  Again they could not use their hands or touch the floor. They did a great job.

No comments: