Saturday, March 05, 2011

Roman Adventrue #3: The Vatican Museum


 After we saw St. Peter's we went around the corner to see the Vatican Museum. 

Bonnie, a HUGE Roman Dude, and Anna
I love random things and are unusually HUGE.   When I saw this incredibly giant bust, I had to get my picture with it and I forced Anna to be in the picture with me.  After we got our picture taken, then suddenly a lot of other people began to do the same thing.  I am such a trend setter.


There is just so much art in the Vatican that it is impossible to take it all in.  Each of those frames on the ceiling has a masterpiece in it.


This is the famous "School of Athens."   It has famous philosophers like Plato and Socrates. It was so big, I had a hard time capturing the whole painting.

The Spanish Steps
 
The Pantheon


 Anna and Erin pose with the Piazza Venezia in the back ground.  We began to call this "our home in Rome," since this was were we always ended up and it is sort of in the center of a giant traffic circle.


This is the Piazza Venezia in the daylight and up close.  It is very impressive and yes there are more statures. 

I am enjoying the view from the Piazza Venezia.  The weather in Rome in February was in the 70s and sunny. 

No comments: