Rome has so many statures... they are everywhere. Each of these columns has it's own stature.
| Erin and I catch some rays as we wait in line. |
Since we were entering St. Peter's Cathedral, and it is a church, there is a dress code to ensure that people show the proper respect. I was dress properly so I was able to enter.
St. Peter's Cathedral is such a HUGE church, that you could fit a normal church inside of it.
St. Peter's also holds the Pieta by Michelangelo. It shows Mary holding Jesus when He was removed from the cross.
Peter was martyred in Rome and in the location of St. Peter's Cathedral. This huge wooden carving marks Peter's burial place. The crypt is just below this and no entry is allowed into this place.
| Christ Ascends into the Heavens |
The Vatican has the Swiss Guard patrol this holy place. They wear very colorful outfits.
No comments:
Post a Comment