Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Hanging out in Holland

(Sorry I am a bit late on finally adding more pics...but allof you who are checking this love me and know that my life has been crazy busy with guests and traveling...not that I am complaining...)

So after Amsterdam, Erin and Denise and I jumped on a 2 hour train to go see Dwight and Letty Grismore. We all worked at Echo Ranch Bible Camp in Alaska together. Letty is Dutch and Dwight is from Ohio! They gave us the full experience!

Since we were in Holland...we had to see a windmill up close. Here I am with David (10) and Ruben (8), Dwight and Letty's 2 boys.

The wonderful Grismore family: Dwight, Letty, Ruben, and David. Dwight works for Campus Life on the NATO military base in southern Holland.

The 3 traveling buddies...Bonnie, Denise and Erin.

Then we all piled up in the Grismore mini van...here are all of the kids in the back seat!!! Yes we did use every seat in their van!

We got to see the highest point in the Netherlands. Which is not as high as you would think...but it was on top of a huge hill.

Here I am at the highest point...it looks like I had to make quite the climb with the pavement in the background. I am glad that we did drive up the hill. Dwight bikes up it!!! Crazy Man!

Check it out...I am in 2 places at once. My right foot is in the Netherlands and my left foot is in Belgium. Never been to Belgium before.

This is point is called "Drielandenpunt" which means Three Country Point. Here the Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium meet. If I tried to go to the point where Germany, Switzerland, and France meet, I would be underwater as it is in the center of the Rhein River.

David is laying in 3 countries at once...pretty impressive!

Here I am eating a Belgium Waffle in Belgium...very cool...this is all of my Belgium experience.

No comments: