Thursday, May 19, 2011

The Castle in Kusadasi

 After a wonderful, but busy time in Moldova, it was time to see some old roommates (from Alaska) and soak up some warmth in Turkey.  I flew into Istanbul where I met up with LeAnn, who still lives in Alaska.  Then we flew on to Izmir.

LeAnn and Bonnie in the airport with Turkish tea!


After we landed in Izmir, we went to the city of Kusadasi, which is directly on the Aegean Sea.  It is a beautiful and more touristy part of Turkey.


In Kudasi there is this cool castle out on a peninsula.   Apparently it is also a night club at night, but we did not explore it then!  My Mennonite roots do not enjoy the dancing scene.

LeAnn loved this cute car parked just out front of the castle.
   


I was more impressed with the castle tower.  Inside there are beautiful gardens, but my camera's batteries died...so no pictures of that.  We also had 3 different Turkish men following us around, I think because we are Western women.  But never fear, we used our stealthy skills and lost them!

No comments: