Monday, December 15, 2008

Shopping in Freiberg

Wow, it has really been a busy weekend...or at least the last two days! On Saturday all of the dorm students and staff took the train into Freiberg. It is a beautiful city in Germany that is a 40 min. train ride and has a great Christmas market.


I hung out with 3 of my good RA pals: Jule, Stephanie, and CB. We all found some cool presents!


While we were walking through the market we saw these 4 Swiss men playing their horns. I am not sure exactly what they are called, but they were happy to play for us. Imagine them on a mountain in the Swiss Alps singing "Riccola"! That is the image that came to mind. The first guy gave Julie and I a postcard of them!


We also found these really awesome street performers...who were BFA students doing outreach! Very cool!



Then CB snagged a good brat wurst! Yummy!!! These are like the German version of the hamburger! You can get it almost anywhere on the street from a vendor.

We then saw a large group of German men with cow bells. Their shirts said something about St. Nickolaus, but I really have no idea what it was about! It was very cool and very loud as they marched by.


Finally we got on the train to go home. "R" and "L" are happy to be heading back to the dorm.


"A" and I are very tired after a long day of shopping! We all made sure we bought our secret prayer pal a gift. The party is on Sunday! So we need to be ready for the big event.



No comments: