Monday, May 03, 2010

Baptism Sunday

 This Sunday at Black Forest Christian Fellowship we had "Baptism Sunday."  One of the girls in my dorm was getting baptized and she asked me to pray for her.  BFCF has a wonderful baptism tradition.  First each person gives his or her testimony. 

 Here "J" is giving her testimony to the congregation.

 She asked Pastor Haarop to baptize her.  He spoke a few words and gave her a verse for her life.

 She then was baptized in the name of the Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit.  I am ready and waiting with the towel.

 Then I had a few moments to share about "J" and to give her a verse that has been very special to me.

"And the LORD will continually guide you,
And satisfy your desire in scorched places, 
And give strength to your bones;
And you will be like a watered garden,
And like a spring of water whose waters do not fail."
~Isaiah 58:11~

 Then I was privileged to pray for her publicly.

   On Sunday we had nine teenagers baptized.  What a day of celebration.

No comments: