After the delightful time learning about Swiss things we were ready for our packed lunches. So we walked to the lake the Luzern surrounds and had a lovely lunch enjoying the day, the lake, and the Alps in the background. Not too shabby! We liked the spot so much we had lunch there the next day and became friends with some ducks. CB took pity upon them and fed them some of her sandwich.
We then found a parking garage to store Howee. And off we went to explore downtown. The train station takes you right into the heart of the city. Next time, I think I might just take the train. We began the search for our hotel...yep it was in the pedestrian area where you could not drive...so we set out to find a closer parking garage. But we couldn't get out of our parking garage. We tried to pay the ticket with CB's creit card, but it didn't work, so I ran back to use mine, but I needed a pin number that I didn't have and finally I realized I had a 50 bill Swiss Frank (CHF). So I put my bill in there to pay my 4CHFs and thought I would get bills as change.....WRONG! I suddenly had 46CHF in change. Can I say my back hurt from carrying all fo the coins! But out of the parking garage we were! Finally we found a closer parking garage! But it was for another hotel...a fancy hotel! I had to use another CHF to get out of it and we never even parked! So we just took Howee back to where he was and carried our luggage a couple blocks to the hotel. It was nice and clean and very very small.
One of the coolest things about Luzern is the covered bridges. They are beautiful and have stories with pictures written on the inside of them. I have no idea what they were about since I can't read German!
We also wanted to see the Lion of Luzern. Ernest Hemingway called it the saddest piece of rock he had ever seen. It is amazing, but it was less so since it was being worked. But it is impressing and thought provoking.
Fianlly before we left Luzern, we drove around the area and found this quaint spot. The locals were swimming in the water. I couldn't resist putting my feet in the beautiful lake. What a rest to see God's amazing creation.
1 comment:
Ah the memories. We were there a year ago, to the day almost. http://marvinfoster.smugmug.com/Vacation/498811
Post a Comment