Last weekend was my first weekend off! My friend Carrie Beth (CB) also had the weekend off! Not yet overly tired we were ready to explore Europe...so we set our sights on Strasbourgh, France. It is a beautiful city that is right on the boarder of France and Germany. A river runs through the town and CB and I hopped a tour boat and got all of the historical information. I saw old, old buildings and the boat even went into a locke where water was either added or taken away to make the water level even with the water in the rest of the area.
There is a beautiful Cathedral. It was amazing to see this amazing artwork in the stained glass and even on the pulpit. It clearly points to Jesus Christ being the Savoir. The building was filled with history, but it made my heart sad to see so many lost people who need to hear about how to have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ. There are many, many different booths to be used for confession when all people need to do is confess to Christ not to a priest.
After a quick lunch at a cafe on the street the weather changed and we needed to find a warm dry place to go as it rained outside. So we found the Strasbourgh Museum. There I was most interested in the shinny armor the knights and their horses wore. I even had the opportunity to try a helmet on. I am not sure how they were able to sword fight in those things! Too funny! 
1 comment:
Hey Bonnie, that's a pretty nice get-up with that helmet!! Looks like you're getting along well =)
your cuz Carla
Post a Comment