Tuesday June 3, 2008
Well....I have survived another day. We have seen tons of wildlife, starting with a bobcat, at least 3 moose, 5 black bear, about 8 bison, and counntless sheep. Those moose are ticky to catch in a photo espaiclly since my father, who has appointed himself as the sole driver, refuses to slow down! But we were making some good time today!
I woke early...and I mean early....like 5am and by 7am we were on the road. Can I just say it was good to leave that getto hotel in Watson Lake...GETTO! Dad is trying hard to set some kind of speeding record with a trailer. In his mind he believes that the trailer says 45 mph because he must drive faster than 45mph....more like 70mph with a sweet, very packed trailer. Can I just say my life flashed before my eyes a few times and I thought we were going to plummet off of the edge of a mountain. I quickly decided to trust the Lord and if I die, I get to go to heaven. I told dad, if he carshes he needs to crash good so we aren't just maimed....I prefer heaven to that! I know that is really dark, but it did help to be okay with the possibility, and I was even able to sleep. Mom, on the other hand, continued to announce the speed limit (in KM) every time there was a sign and tell Dad to slow down!! I heard that A LOT!
We made it to Fort St. Johns in BC by 5pm with time changes. However the tires on the U-Haul are bald...so.....we can't go beyond Fort St. Johns because our tires will prbably blow and cause a tragic accidnet which we would prefer to avoid...so we got into the U-Haul station right at 5pm and they will pay for new tires to be put on tommarrow at 7am. We became friends with the Morman U-Haul lady and dad and I sort of witnessed to her about Christ as she gave us Morman tracks. She was excited that I am going to be a missionary...ummm...not the same kind she is thinking. So I pray for the TRUTH of the Lord to surround Kim and she would see Christ for Who he is.
So here I sit in BC waiting for the next day to begin. I miss everyone and just for the record I had a cry free day...which means I try to avoid thinking about you all who I love!
I woke early...and I mean early....like 5am and by 7am we were on the road. Can I just say it was good to leave that getto hotel in Watson Lake...GETTO! Dad is trying hard to set some kind of speeding record with a trailer. In his mind he believes that the trailer says 45 mph because he must drive faster than 45mph....more like 70mph with a sweet, very packed trailer. Can I just say my life flashed before my eyes a few times and I thought we were going to plummet off of the edge of a mountain. I quickly decided to trust the Lord and if I die, I get to go to heaven. I told dad, if he carshes he needs to crash good so we aren't just maimed....I prefer heaven to that! I know that is really dark, but it did help to be okay with the possibility, and I was even able to sleep. Mom, on the other hand, continued to announce the speed limit (in KM) every time there was a sign and tell Dad to slow down!! I heard that A LOT!
We made it to Fort St. Johns in BC by 5pm with time changes. However the tires on the U-Haul are bald...so.....we can't go beyond Fort St. Johns because our tires will prbably blow and cause a tragic accidnet which we would prefer to avoid...so we got into the U-Haul station right at 5pm and they will pay for new tires to be put on tommarrow at 7am. We became friends with the Morman U-Haul lady and dad and I sort of witnessed to her about Christ as she gave us Morman tracks. She was excited that I am going to be a missionary...ummm...not the same kind she is thinking. So I pray for the TRUTH of the Lord to surround Kim and she would see Christ for Who he is.
So here I sit in BC waiting for the next day to begin. I miss everyone and just for the record I had a cry free day...which means I try to avoid thinking about you all who I love!
No comments:
Post a Comment