Here is what I wrote on the drive from Alaska to Ohio.
Day 1 Monday June 2, 2008
Well....we made it on the ferrry. We were at the ferry termianl at 4:45am. Yep, I love that early wake up. As we went past camp I was so sad to think that all of my friends were just "over there" and here I am going away. But my parents are alway entertaining and making friends with random people on the ferry. So that was good. We saw Gary and Juanita in Haines and they gave us some tasty treats. Then off the Skagway.
Bonnie's Last View of Echo Ranch Bible Camp
The only car problem we had is the parking break getting stuck as we drove off of the ferry! Opps! But that is okay. We started driving and we saw a black bear and her 2 cubs in between the US & Canadian boarder. So that is pretty cool. The boarder crossing was easy. I drove to the Yukon sign. Then dad took the wheel...can I just say we were CRUZING!! So we have made it to Watson Lake. We had supper at 9:45pm and are in a sketchy hotel. The one Cathy Watson, my roommate, recommended was full up. So this nice new "rennovated" hotel is getto. Mom and Dad keep having a fit at how special it is....hmmmm...maybe camping would have been cleaner. Anyhow, not to much else. Nothing amazingly funny..but if anything happens...you will be the first to know.
No comments:
Post a Comment