Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Camping In Indiana

 In mid-July my family went camping at Chain-O-Lakes, an Indian State Park.  We had a grand time enjoying the HEAT!!!!!  Luckily my sister-in-law Amy brought her dad and step mom and their air conditioned camper!  RELIEF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 It was the weekend of Eli, my nephew's third birthday.  He really likes Buzz Lightyear and he loves the Toy Story movies.....so Auntie Bonnie came through.  Look at this beautiful cake I made for him.  Now we had a few issues getting to the campground and Mom and I brought Eli and his cake in the 1991 Blazer I owned when I lived in Alaska.   This beautiful SUV of mine did not have air conditioning....so it was plenty warm in the car.
 And this is what the cake looked like when we arrived less than 2 hours later.  Oppssey!!!  That doesn't even look like an alien.  When Eli saw this, he cried and cried.  I told him that maybe it will look better when it cools down...but a miracle did not happen.  He survived it!

Here Eli and Granpy (my dad) enjoy the day and we wait to open presents!!!!


Eli then begins ripping his presents open.  So much fun being 3! Notice the Buzz ribbon he is wearing...

 Julian also enjoys the summertime fun!!!  We also fit some fun bike riding, hiking, canoeing, and swimming into the weekend.  What a great time to bond with the family.

No comments: