New adventures are just around the corner as I move from living in a dorm of 22 high school girls to a dorm of 102 college women!
Monday, March 01, 2010
Palms Valentines Dinner
The dating scene at a missionary boarding school is fairly limited...and to be frankly honest, as a dorm staff, I am okay with that. But it is good for the girls to have positive interactions with guys outside of school. So as Palmgarten tradition goes, every year near Valentines day we have a nice dinner and each girls roommate asks a guy to be their roommates date. Now the dates are not revealed until the guys show up and present themselves to the girls. It is a fun time for us staff to watch these interactions take place and an anxious time for the girls.
When "S" walked into the dorm, he went right up to "H" and said, "Hi 'H' you are mine." If that is not romantic...I am not sure what is!
The girls are enjoying their dates, but I think they might be a bit more comfortable around each other.
Smalltalk can be challenging, but "R" and "S" found a way to keep the conversation going.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Pauline sent us your last letter and blog site so I checked it out. Always fun to read about BFA happenings. Enjoyed your Prague pics-such a neat city.
PS In case you can't figure out who "Rosalie" is, you travelled with us last Sept for 2-3 days after our visit too BFA with the tour group.
Post a Comment