Friday, October 16, 2009

Weekend in Spain

This past weekend I was able to go to Malaga, Spain and enjoy a retreat with Avant missionaries in Spain. It was a wonderful time to bond with fellow missionaries from America, Canada, Spain, Moracco, and Equador.

This is Becky my roomate for the weekend. She is also a single missionary.


I actually made it to Spain.


This is the road to the camp. It was near here where I saw a stag (a 8 point if you are wondering Dad). It ran behind me on a walk and in to a grove of olive trees.


The camp was covered with beautiful grapes and vines. What a lovely form of shade.


This is the spring that the camp is named after: Spring of Life Camp.


Terry and myself enjoy the orange and pink sunset.

The beautiful, rugged Spanish terrian.


Olives are one of the main crops in this region. All of the hills are covered with them.

I was able to climb a small mountain with some new friends. What a beautiful view.


The Spanish terrian is very dry. The lines on the hillside are rows of olive trees.

On my last night at the Spring of Life Camp some of the ladies played "Truth or Dare and Spin the Bottle." We would "spin" the bottle and whoever it landed on had to choose a truth or a dare. It is pretty funny seeing grown women act like monkeys, singing "I'm a Little Tea Pot" or hearing really bad date stories.

Gayle and Dan Lippincott and myself all went through Gospel Missionary Union (GMU)'s C.O.P. (Canadaite Orientation Program) together in July 2001. They have been serving at Malaga Media Center for the last 4 years. Previously they served at the Santa Cruz Learning Center in Boliva. It was wonderful to connect with them. It was fun to see how we could just pick up from where we left off in 01.


Here are Phil & Slyvia, our special speakers and the pastor to the Avant missionaries who are based in Kansas City. They have also served at BFA for 5 year.

1 comment:

Amy said...

You went to Malaga? That's so cool! That's where the filmed the Spanish soap opera that I was addicted to when I was living in Spain and I wanted to go just because of Arayan but I never made it. So, I'm kindof jealous. Just don't tell me that you went on any tours of television studios because I may not be able to handle that.

But I'm glad you had fun!