Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Greetings after a long time without a Word!

I do indeed exist and have been busy. I am sorry that I have not updated you better on my life. I know the last time I blogged I told you about my Spring break trip to Romania. Since then I said goodbye to the 2008-2009 Palmgarten girls


.....and I watched the 2009 seniors graduate from BFA! It was a moment to celebrate and a moment to say goodbye to some of my girls I may not see again.


Then I spent almost 2 weeks of painting white on white in the lower floor of the "now" Palmgarten. The lower hallway use to be offices for Janz Team and now are dorm rooms. After that I flew to Ohio where I helped my Grandparents, Bob & Leola Stemen, celebrate their 60th wedding anniversary. And since the who family was together we all went to Kalahari, a water park. So there were 8 adults and 2 toddlers all sleeping in one suite! It was a great time. We also celebrated Eli, my nephew's second birthday. Not long after that I traveled up north to Juneau. There I spoke at my church, Auke Bay Bible Church, and connected with friends. Here Crystal Ross and I are hiking on Perseverance Trail. This is my favorite Juneau trail!
My time in Alaska would not be complete unless I was able to go out to Echo Ranch Bible Camp. I had a great time there during Sr. High week. Some of the seniors I had known since they were 7 years old. I also got to dabble in some programing and plan Mission Impossible with a former camper, then counselor, and now she is engaged! Here I am with Denise and Erin and I also hung out with Brynden-my single camp ladies!
As I said goodbye to my Juneau friends, I said hello to my Anchorage friends. I got to see Becca and her new baby, Ephraim.

I also got to meet Nate, the fiancee of my good friend Annie. They get married on Sept. 19!
Hanging out with my former roommate LeAnn was also a blast. Since she works at the airlines, she helped me finally get a flight! We had great times up north and even had a moose poking around in the front yard! Alaska!
Then I traveled back to Ohio after getting stuck in Anchorage for a few extra days. I made friend,Penny, in the Anchorage airport as we waited, and waited for a flight. We were denied 8 different flights until finally we both got on the same flight. I was the last person on the plane. I got back during Ebenezer Mennonite Church's annual family camping weekend. So I had a great time with friends and family there.
Then I was back to Black Forest Academy to complete my second year as an RA in Palmgarten. We have new dorm parents, Luke and Stephanie Welbourn. Lizzy Schult are both 2nd year RAS. This year we only have 19 girls, but we also have a boys dorm on the top two floors. It has made for some fun experiences.
Our eleven seniors marched proudly into the BFA auditorium with their flags on opening ceremony. BFA has also had the "Fall Party" with the theme of opposites. I went with a fellow RA, Anna, as Coke and Pepsi.
Some of the best times in the dorm are just hanging out with the girls. I love having them come into my room to study or talk or just be around. It is a great being an RA at Palmgarten.

No comments: