The day was very similar to they days before with the students teaching English. We teacher types were working on the presentation that the 12th grade English class and our BFA students were going to present on Thursday to the entire school. The presentation was called “What is Your Heart Like?” The students would sing and then tell the school about they different kinds of hearts people can have. Both BFA and Filadelphia took a survey and the students were remarkably similar in the kinds of hearts they had. Both schools had many happy or joyful hearts and not very many thankful heart.
That evening we had all of the girls in the attic come for a Bible Study. I presented the “Paper Cross Story” which tells of the Christ’s death on the cross and how He rose again. Emma, a Romanian student, translated what I said into Romanian. That was very difficult for me to have to stop after every sentence but I made it through.
One of the 12th grade girls, Pinky, asked me to teach her how to fold the paper cross so she could teach it to her Sunday School class. Pinky and I became good friends. Later she invited me to her room to meet her 3 roommates and to see how she had decorated the whole room in pink. She also shared about her life, her love for God, and how she had an aunt who lives in California. I even got her email so we can stay in contact.
No comments:
Post a Comment