n Lance heard me sheik as I flew off, he stopped the truck. All I wanted were my glasses, which shot off my head when I fell. Jess found them on the other side of the truck & in front of the truck....who knows! But they also survived...like me a hearty pair of eye-wear! So needless to say I am SORE!! My new best friends are Extra Strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Nice mix. I still hurt, but and able to function and do dishes, meal preps and other activities expected here at camp. I went to see my chiropractor on Monday. Overall I think I just whacked out my spine. My chiropractor, Dr. B gave me some sweet lotion that helps reduce the pain!! Love that! I can now function MUCH BETTER! Continued prayers for pain relief would be coveted. God is good and he kept me safe even from my stupidity. Yes, Yes, I am the Super Flyer!
New adventures are just around the corner as I move from living in a dorm of 22 high school girls to a dorm of 102 college women!
Monday, May 15, 2006
Super Flyer!
I was in Juneau on Friday May 12th, and since the gas tank to my car is still broken I must rely on others for ride. Lance and Jess were bringing in the groceries on a Blondia (boat you can drive a car onto) run. Sweet, I will go along. So we get to camp...and drive onto the beach. Since Lance, Jess, and Eli fill up the grocery truck, Lance suggests that I ride on the hood of the grocery truck. RELAX...I was not totally stupid. No I was only slightly smarter. Yep...I seem to think it would be a great idea to ride holding onto the side of the truck. There were some foot hold and a handle on the side. So I climb on with my left hand and left foot on real foot holds/handles. My right hand was holding onto the top of the grocery truck and my right foot was in a round hole in the side of the truck. "Yeah, I can do this!" I think. Lance decides to go to the camp office before he goes to the dining hall to put the mail away. Longer ride. Hmmm...."Hold on tight, I think." Well we are almost there and Lance is doing a great job at going slow and missing toys staff kids have left in the road. But then when I am about 100 yard from the destination...I notice my right hand hold (made of plywood) has started to crumble in my hand due to just being old. "No problem, Bonnie....just move your hand down," I think. I do that....it also crumbles. After three moves...I can't reach any farther. Now I am sure you are thinking, Bonnie, why did you not tell Lance to stop. Well at that point I was fighting for survival....my mind was focused on holding onto the truck. So, you guessed it....my hand lost it's hold and down I went off of a moving vehicle. I hit my right hip hard and my head slammed into the ground. Thank God for the sandy soil of Echo Ranch. I am sore and probably had a concussion, but no open bleeding or such. Now, due to my amazing luck and ability of making a fool of myself...the entire crew of staff kids was playing in the playground (right in front of where I fell) and a good portion of the staff was close by also. Many saw me fall. Sweet...total embarrassment. Whe
n Lance heard me sheik as I flew off, he stopped the truck. All I wanted were my glasses, which shot off my head when I fell. Jess found them on the other side of the truck & in front of the truck....who knows! But they also survived...like me a hearty pair of eye-wear! So needless to say I am SORE!! My new best friends are Extra Strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Nice mix. I still hurt, but and able to function and do dishes, meal preps and other activities expected here at camp. I went to see my chiropractor on Monday. Overall I think I just whacked out my spine. My chiropractor, Dr. B gave me some sweet lotion that helps reduce the pain!! Love that! I can now function MUCH BETTER! Continued prayers for pain relief would be coveted. God is good and he kept me safe even from my stupidity. Yes, Yes, I am the Super Flyer!
n Lance heard me sheik as I flew off, he stopped the truck. All I wanted were my glasses, which shot off my head when I fell. Jess found them on the other side of the truck & in front of the truck....who knows! But they also survived...like me a hearty pair of eye-wear! So needless to say I am SORE!! My new best friends are Extra Strength Tylenol and Ibuprofen. Nice mix. I still hurt, but and able to function and do dishes, meal preps and other activities expected here at camp. I went to see my chiropractor on Monday. Overall I think I just whacked out my spine. My chiropractor, Dr. B gave me some sweet lotion that helps reduce the pain!! Love that! I can now function MUCH BETTER! Continued prayers for pain relief would be coveted. God is good and he kept me safe even from my stupidity. Yes, Yes, I am the Super Flyer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment