
On Monday I was working with Bill and Rick to get everything ready for our first offical retreat group. A school group is here today! Rick and I were unloading the canoes on the front beach and both of us noticed the red canoe the guys use to go out to the skif nicely sitting on the beach. About a half an hour later, Matt comes over on the radio, "Why is the red canoe out by the skif?" The guys went to check it out. It was so windy that the wind picked up the canoe and it did a couple of summer-salts, only hitting the sand twice before it landed right side up on the water. Then it made a mad dash for Lion's Head Mountain across the bay! Reed and Rick had to go chase after it in the skif. The red canoe has been recovered. That is what I call CRAZY WIND!! We are really having some CRAZY WEATHER! This morning I woke up to fresh snow on Hogsback mountain and today I experienced snow/rain going sideways. BBBBrrrrrrrrr.
No comments:
Post a Comment